Welcome to the Global o Faith Blog

Welcome to the GlobaloFaith (Global Faith) Blog!

Faith, spirituality, and religion have had an indelible mark on humankind throughout the ages, even into the 21st century. Although not all people consider themselves religous, religion is virtually universal. Similar to music universally vibrating in the souls of humans from ancient times, religion has been also ringing in human souls through the ages. Religion has made the universal sense of the sacred tangible through rituals and other cultural expressions. This blog is to create awareness of the positive aspects of religion, globally, even in the 21st century, and a part of efforts of working toward interfaith understanding and peace.

Join me on this journey in life of greater mutual respect and understanding of various faith and religious traditions held by millions and billions.

You can contact me, Brother Mark, at mark dot globalfaith at gmail dot com.



Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Have you taken the Global Faith Pledge yet?  You'd be surprised.  Its so basic and broad, looking for the universals in humanity, such that virtually all people with faith in God could accept.  I recommend you to print and sign your pledge and keep it for your own record.  I encourage you to email me too to let me know you have taken the pledge.  Brother Mark  Email: mark dot globalfaith at gmail dot com.

1.  I believe in the innate dignity of every human being, regardless of race

2.  I believe in the mutual respect of all human beings regardless of particular creed, faith, religion.

3.  I believe in having a basic religious tolerance of all others whose faith or religion may be different from mine.


4.  I believe in a freedom of faith that is foremost a spiritual freedom, and the freedom to practice one's own faith, recognizing that some peoples live in countries that restrict their religious freedom in the temporal realm, but blessed are all those who are spiritually free.

5.  I believe that each person should seek truth for him or herself, to know it themselves in their own beings, and that they should be free to seek and study in their spiritual journey of life.


6.  I feel each person should be guided by their own conscience and not forced to go against their own conscience.

7.  I will strive to be moral in my conduct at home and in the community and public.  I will strive to do the right thing, and to be an example of good living to my family, to young people, and before the community.


No comments:

Post a Comment